Halal Islamic Affairs Committee
Halal Islamic Affairs Committee Functions:
- The monitoring of audits and validation of certificates retrospectively in accordance with the requirements of the FIANZ Halal Limited procedures and as specified by the accreditation body.
- Reviewing any refusals to issue certificates in cases of applicant companies failing to meet the criteria.
- Reviewing certificates issued on a regular basis and decision committee functioning.
- Reviewing the issuance of Halal certificates and control of it through any branch offices (if available).
- Mediation in respect of any applicant or certified organisation's appeal.
- Providing advice, guidance related to Halal certification process and decisions concerning sharia issues.
- Evaluate the certificates that have been issued and to ensure commitment to halal requirements in Islamic sharia and take decisions unanimously.